Miramar beach being nearest to Panaji, is the most visited Goa beach. This beach in North Goa is located at the estuary of River Mandvi with the Arabian Sea. Being 3 km from Panaji it is easily accessible by bus, and cars. 'Miramar' is Portuguese for 'viewing the sea', which is apt because of the view of Arabian Sea it offers.
Goa Miramar Beach is famous for its golden sand, bordered by coconut palms on one side and the Arabian Sea on the other. Also called Gaspar Dias, Miramar beach is the perfect place for leisurely walks and idling.
Miramar Beach Accommodation
All tourists planning to visit Miramar beach stay in Panaji. Panaji being the capital city of Goa has hotels of all categories, guest houses, and rented houses for accommodation. Goa Marriott Beach Resort, Hotel Menino Regency, Hotel Goa International, Tourist Hotel, Hotel Park Plaza, Sun N Sand, Hotel Nove Goa, and Panjim Inn are few of these hotels where guests can put up.
Miramar Beach attractions
Aguada Fort belonging to the Portuguese is a well-preserved building across the Mandvi river. Migratory birds of more than 500 species are observed during their flights over this territory. Gulls and plovers are regular visiting birds during the winter months of December to February.
The Church of Immaculate Conception is the principal attraction of Panaji. Adilshahi Palace or Idalcao rebuilt by Jeronimo de Azevedo a Portuguese Viceroy is another important attraction. Sebastian Chapel, Mahalaxmi Temple, Jama Masjid, Thome quarter, Panaji Library, and Braganza Institute are other places of interest.
Situated at the distance of 3 km from the Panaji, a lovely and enchanting golden beach of soft sand covered with palm trees facing the blue Arabian Sea is the Miramar beach. This beach was originally popular as the 'Gasper Dias Beach' and it is the point where Mandovi River merges with the Arabian Sea. It's a romantic gateway for adventure freaks, beach lovers and honeymoon couples. The 2 km long coast vaunts of splendid, soft silvery sand bed that glitter in the moonlight and offer colourful view of the Aguanda fort. Miramar beach offers a fascinating view of the magnificent Portuguese fort across the river. Beach lovers can get a beautiful glimpse of the grandeur of the Arabian Sea from the beach. No doubt, it has peaceful surroundings and solitude, which draws thousands of tourists at this place to rejuvenate and take the pleasure of a tranquil atmosphere.
Miramar is the place to dowse in the ocean and cosset in a dolphin spotting tour. While you are in the dolphin tour in the shared boat, you may view big vessels and the bungalow, named as 'Diamond Merchant' where the Bollywood film 'Haseena Maan Jayegi' was shot and the oldest jail of Goa, from the distance. In brief, the beach is indeed a big pleasure to one's eyes and a perfect spot to hangout for bird watchers too. Whatever it would be like seclusion, sightseeing, shopping or tourist destination, you will not feel like looking beyond the Miramar beach in Goa.
About Miramar Beach
Located within easy reach of Panaji, this city beach is an enchanting spot from which to watch the sun sink into the Arabian Sea.
Thanks to its proximity to the regional capital, Panaji, Miramar Beach is popular among local city-dwellers who come here for a relaxing beach stroll after work or on weekends. With a wide and long stretch of gently sloping golden sand and warm, clean waters, it is also suitable for sunbathing and swimming. Walk barefoot on the fine silvery sands and stay to witness the beautiful sunset.
As you approach the entrance to the beach, look for a striking statue depicting two muscular men reaching up toward the sky, both grasping a narrow staff. This statue is a monument to Hindu and Christian unity.
Unlike Goa’s more tourist-oriented beaches, Miramar has few facilities, shacks or souvenir shops, and foreign tourists are something of a rarity here. If you want to stay for the day, be sure to bring your own supplies, such as towels, water, sunscreen and snacks.
Walk north along the beach to see the point where the Mandovi River meets the Arabian Sea. This is a busy spot for fisher boats, trawlers and ships. Stick around until sunset and people-watch as Goan workers descend on the sands for an evening stroll. For some post-beach entertainment, head to the nearby five-star Marriot Resort, where an oceanfront bar serves up tasty cocktails and an on-site casino offers a range of gambling games. There are also restaurants in the resort where non-guests are welcome to dine.
Miramar Beach is located at the convergence of the Arabian Sea and the Mandovi River, about 1.8 miles (3 kilometers) from the center of Panaji. Reach the beach by walking west down Dayanand Bandodkar Marg along the Mandovi waterfront.
Miramar Beach, Goa
Miramar Beach is situated 1 kilometer ahead of the confluence of Mandovi River and the Arabian Sea. It is situated on the way towards Dona Paula, about 3 kilometers from Panjim, the capital city of Goa. Miramar Beach of Goa is also known as 'Gasper Dias'.
The Miramar Beach in Goa begins at the gulf and then culminates in the Emerald Coast Parkway. It is a golden beach fringed with palm trees. The soft sands of the beach makes it the best site for evening walks. Moreover, 'miramar' in Portuguese implies 'viewing the sea'. Tourists can get a glimpse of the majesty of the Arabian Sea from the Miramar Beach at Goa.
Furthermore, the Miramar Beach of Goa possesses a 2 kilometers long coast and silvery sand bed. The silver sand beds of the beach are said to sparkle in the moonlight. The beach also provides a kaleidoscopic view of the Aguada fort, which is known for its peaceful surroundings and solitude.
The best time to visit Miramar Beach is between the months of November and March. During this time, a large number of migratory birds come to the beach. One can see migratory birds such as gulls and plovers at the beach from November to March. The beach also provides a various options for accommodations. Tourists coming to Miramar Beach can put up at the hotels and resorts located at the beach. One can also come across many shopping and tourist destinations at a proximity to the hotel. Thus, Miramar Beach seems to be the perfect location for holidaying in Goa.
- Only children over 12 years / 50 pounds accompanied with a written permission from their parent/legal guardian are allowed to ride with an adult.
- Our professional staff caters to beginners and professionals alike. We ensure to make you as comfortable and confident as we can before we send you out on your own.
- It is advisable to dress for comfort – Swimming costumes, shorts, or any light drip-n-dry clothing for the water is great. Heavy clothing like jeans & saris are not permitted for safety reasons.
- As per Indian law every passenger riding a personal water-vehicle must wear a life-vest.
Things to do in Miramar Beach
- Its a locals den; so there is nothing much on the beach itself as far as water sports activities are concerned. However, near to it is the Cabo Raj Bhavan Hillock which is famous for it adventure activities. A place dedicated to water sports; you can enjoy the water sports here.
- Walk, swim and play on the sand – that is something which locals as well as tourists like to do here. A number of local shops selling souvenir items are lined up in one corner of the beach. You can shop for local stuff here, but nothing exotic. If you wish to buy something different then you have to walk to the main market of Panjim.
- Explore eating Goan food and cuisine in the local well – maintained eateries. Try these shops only if you have a tough stomach otherwise it is a good idea to have the food at your hotel or in Panjim. If you are trying out the local food; then go for GOA chaat whose taste is a little different from that of North India.
- A lot of Clubs and Bars are there for binge drinking. If you are looking for a good night out party; then drive to Panjim or Dona Paula which offer better services, but at a little higher cost than the ones in Miramar Beach.